Thank you for your interest in applying for the Pre-AP/Incentive Program!
Applications from Grade 7 students for entry to the September 2021 Incentive Grade 8 class are now CLOSED. Applications received after February 6, 2021 may or may not be processed depending on available exam spots. If you have applied after the deadline, please check your email for application status updates.
Please allow yourself 20-30 minutes of time in order to complete the form thoroughly and accurately. Complete ALL fields ACCURATELY including the final written paragraph and fully submit the application form. Any incomplete forms may result in the student NOT being contacted about further steps in the application process.
The form will ask you to enter your student information and include a short written paragraph at the end detailing your interest in the program. The survey and all information collected is hosted on a Richmond School District (SD38) server, will be kept confidential, and will only be used in relation to the Incentive application process.
The online application form will close on
Friday February 5th, 2021 at 11:59pm.
All applicants will be contacted by after the application deadline to confirm that their forms have been received. If you do not receive an email by February 8th, 2021, please contact Mr. Liang as soon as possible to verify that your form was submitted.
Math & English Entrance Exam
In order to minimize contact between elementary school cohorts, exams will occur on different days for different elementary schools. All entrance exams will take place at Palmer Secondary from 8:30-11:00am and include:
- Multiple choice Math test – calculators are not permitted
- An English written piece on a topic given on the day of the entrance exam
Unfortunately, there are no online options for the entrance exam. Students enrolled in remote learning must make arrangements to be at Palmer Secondary in-person to write the entrance exam. Please contact Mr. Liang if you are enrolled in remote learning and a separate testing area can be made available upon request.
Dates for the entrance exam are as follows:
- Debeck Elementary – February 16, 2021
- Garden City Elementary – February 17, 2021
- General Currie Elementary – February 18, 2021
- Students from non-feeder elementary schools – February 19, 2021
On the day of the entrance exam, please bring the following items in one large envelope. Please write your first & last name and your current elementary school on the envelope.
- Photocopies of the student’s latest Grade 7 report card and Final Grade 6 report card*
- Passport-style photograph of student – please staple to the Grade 7 report card
- Grade 7 Teacher’s Reference Form in a signed and sealed envelope (unless your teacher has submitted it electronically) – Click here to download the Teacher Reference Form
- Photocopy of student’s Get Wet or WaterSafe certificate (if available)
*Note: For students from schools that are not using the traditional letter-grade-based report card, please submit any summative reports that the school has issued (including anecdotal or rubric-based reports).
If these reports are also not available, it is then vital that the student applicant ensures that his/her Grade 7 teacher provides a Grade 7 Teacher’s Reference Form on the date of their entrance exam.