The award-winning Palmer Math Club is divided into Junior and Senior sections. The Junior Math Club (sponsored/coached by Mr.Wong) is for students in Grades 8 or 9, and meets Thursdays after school in Room 206. The Senior Math Club (sponsored/coached by Mrs.Wang), is for students from Grades 10-12, and meets Mondays after school in Room 109. Each club has its own complement of student assistant coaches, which are usually Grade 10-12 students.
Math club allows students to enrich their mathematical learning, often beyond grade level. They also get a chance to be exposed to several different math competitions where the level of questions challenges students to further enhance their math knowledge and problem solving prowess.
The math contests that Palmer traditionally participates in are:
• MathChallengersBC (Grades 8 and 9)
• Canadian National Mathematics League High School Contest (Grades 8-12)
• University of Waterloo CEMC Contests:
– Pascal Contest (Grades 8 and 9)
– Cayley Contest (Grade 10)
– Fermat Contest (Grade 11)
– Euclid Contest (Grade 12)
• Canadian Open Math Challenge (Grades 10-12)